I love a good, basic casserole with few steps and even fewer ingredients. This most certainly fits the bill. With only four ingredients plus a few spices you can have this simple, uncomplicated casserole on your plate in less than an hour.
- 1/2 lb turkey sausage
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (1 cup)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 8x8 baking pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Brown and crumble turkey sausage.
- Add turkey sausage to baking dish and spread evenly.
- Add shredded cheese to baking dish and spread evenly.
- Mix eggs, cream and spices in separate container.
- Pour egg mixture slowly over turkey and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
If serving alone, I recommend four good-sized portions, as pictured; however, if serving with fruit, toast, cereal or any other extras then you would probably serve 6-8.
As you might imagine, this dish is extremely flexible. Use whatever meat you have on hand or leave it out altogether like a true vegetarian. Cheese options are as far and wide as one could imagine. I used a mexican blended cheese that was pre-shredded but any cheese is probably suitable. Low Carbers and Diabetics will love this recipe, as well, while bariatrics can just have a smaller portion.