OMG … Wait until you taste this one. This recipe has so far exceeded my expectations that I can’t wait to make it again! This is my lower carb version of Chocolate Covered Katie’s famous Deep Dish Cookie Pie. This is very similar to the White Bean Blondies that I recently blogged about except for the fact that these are ten times better (and I really liked the blondies)!
Can you tell I’m excited?
Take a peek at the pics and try to convince me that you’re NOT excited about a healthy, guilt free chocolate chip cookie ;)
This recipe is absurdly amazing with chickpeas as the star of the show. I don’t say this lightly but this is one of those recipes that only comes around once in a while so run to the store today and get your garbanzo beans. Make this recipe ASAP and let me know how you like it!
My next batch is going to have walnuts added … Yum!
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed, 500g total once drained)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups Whey Low Gold (brown sugar substitute)
- 1 cup Dagoba 73% Chocodrops (or any chocolate chips)
- Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a good food processor.
- Mix in chips and pour into an oiled 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's Deep-Dish Cookie Pie recipe (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/).