Recently, I posted my World Famous Sandwich Skewers for your viewing pleasure. Okay, maybe not world famous but I love them.
I thought I might show you that I don’t always eat these on skewers. Sometimes, I make a sweet mustard sauce and dip them … Yum.
And now on to topic number 2 …
I’ve received more blog love and am finding it difficult to contain my excitement. Choc Chip Uru over at Go Bake Yourself has honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award and the Sunshine Award. All I can say is WOW because there are so many food blogs out there and CCU thought of Food Stories. I’m thrilled and humbled that she would think of me. Thanks, Choc Chip Uru!
While the Sunshine award is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”; I have already passed this on recently so I will only be nominating for the Versatile Blogger Award for now. Here are the rules according to the official VBA site …
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
– Include a link to their blog.
– Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
– Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
– Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
CCU, Here are 7 random things about myself :-)
1. I am a nurse and work in healthcare administration.
2. I was born and raised in the southern United States but I now reside in southern California.
3. I try to follow a lower carb diet because I have type 2 diabetes and I’ve had bariatric surgery (VSG or vertical sleeve gastrectomy).
4. I have followed practically every diet out there at some point in my life … ketogenic, raw vegan, cooked vegan, vegetarian, omnivore, low carb, paleo, south beach, atkins, junk food, etc.
5. I love electronic gadgets and always have to have the latest and greatest. Currently chomping at the bit for the new iPad :-)
6. Earlier in my life, I was a children’s photographer.
7. I used to follow Princess Diana (yes, I got up in the middle of the night to see her wedding & my best friend called and woke me up in the middle of the night when she died) but now I follow Kate Middleton.
I would like to nominate these great bloggers for the Versatile Bloggers Award:
01. Everyday Maven
03. The Kitchen Witch
04. Life in the Slow Lane at Squirrel Head Manor
05. Whipped Baking
06. Hotly Spiced
07. Eliot’s Eats
08. That Skinny Chick Can Bake
09. The Cooking Actress
10. Fearless Homemaker
11. Inspired Edibles
12. Flanboyant Eats
13. Apple Crumbles
14. The Scrumptious Pumpkin
15. Tastefully Julie