I am so excited that it’s National Chocolate Chip Day because I get to share one of my favorite recipes with you. This chocolate chip scone recipe is one that I’ve been making for years and it’s one that dear hubby and I both enjoy.
It’s been adapted from the scone recipe in The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam. It’s naturally low in carbs because of the almond flour but is easily adaptable to go even lower, which I do with the low carb sweetener and sugar free chocolate chips. It’s also gluten free.
I love this recipe because it tastes great and it fits into my low carb, diabetic lifestyle. I don’t feel guilty when I have these and they are in regular rotation at my house! I hope you’ll give them a try.
- 2-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup SF Davinci Sweetening Syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup SF Hershey's Chocolate Chips (or any chocolate chips)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter in 1/4 cup portions about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12-17 minutes at 350 degrees, until golden brown or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Adapted from Chocolate Chip Scones in The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elena Amsterdam.