Many of my regular readers know that I am on the search for the best brownie recipe ever. Because I eat lower carbs, I am trying to find a recipe that I can adapt to my dietary needs. I have been baking my buns off and still haven’t found it yet but I did find the World’s Healthiest Brownie. Take a gander at this beauty …
Adapted from 101 Things To Do With Tofu by Donna Kelly and Anne Tegtmeier, this brownie recipe is extremely healthy. Although, it’s not my cup of tea it may be yours. You see, I prefer gooey, chewey, fudgey-type brownies and these were more like a snack cake. These were not dry and the taste was good, I just wouldn’t call it a brownie. As long as you don’t call it a brownie, I would make these again.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup Whey Low Granular (sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients together in a blender.
- Stir wet into dry ingredients.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until firm on top.
- Makes 16 snack-size squares.
Recipe adapted from 101 Things To Do With Tofu by Donna Kelly and Anne Tegtmeier.
My search continues for the perfect brownie recipe but at least I’m having a lot of fun along the way :-)