In honor of Macaroni Day, I present to you Mascarpone Macaroni & Cheese with the special Pasta Issue from La Cucina Italiana for our Food Story photo this week. It is also Bastille Day & National Grand Marnier Day.
Now take a peek at our other submissions for the week …
Have you submitted your Food Story Photo yet?
Why not? Every photo gets posted on the photo page with a link back to your site for credit. The best pics have a shot at being featured on the home page of Food Stories Blog. Win/Win for all so what are you waiting for?
New photos go up on Saturdays so get to shooting. Please let me know if you have any questions and send me some great Food Story photos.
Check out the Food Story Photo page for the fine print and more details.
UPDATE: By popular demand (okay, only two people) … here is the recipe I used for my food story photo. Adapted from The Three Little Piglets. I made it with lower carb pasta and in a smaller batch so I wouldn’t be eating it all day. Only makes two to three servings depending upon your serving size. Hope you enjoy it :-)
- 4 oz elbow macaroni (I used Dreamfield's for the lowest carb count possible)
- 2 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp pasta sprinkle dried herb blend (onion, sesame seed, lemon thyme, spinach, parsley, garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Put pasta on to boil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all other ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Add prepared noodles and toss gently to coat.
Adapted from The Three Little Piglets.