My gosh, is it Monday again, already? All joking aside, I’m really enjoying this new Monday Muster feature and I hope you are, as well. Seems I always have so much to share but most of it just doesn’t merit its own blog post. It’s kind of like turning to a friend and sharing your goofs or high five’s. Very quick and to the point. That’s what you get on Monday at Food Stories.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with the new muster feature, feel free to view the original Monday Muster for a quick refresh. Now, let’s get to mustering …
- Sunday – What’s Your Food Story?
- Saturday – Food Story Photo Contest Update
- Thursday – Secret Ingredient Asian Stir-Fry – fool me once, fool me rice…
- Wednesday – Zucchini Tomato Casserole
- Tuesday – Raspberry Ice Cream
- Monday – Monday Muster
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny Food – Mushroom Village Caprese Salad
- Cute/Funny Food – Harry Potter Cookies are Growing Up
- Food Tips/Tricks – The Colors You Can Create with a Basic Box of Food Coloring
- Foodie Stuff – Make Your Own Mason Jars-to-Go
- Food Humor – Morning Meds
- Chilled Zucchini Soup and a Martha Stewart Review – All Day I Dream About Food
- Egg Tart – Ang Sarap
- back to school time! “Smartie” pants cookies – The Decorated Cookie
- Fairy Bread – Sugar and Cloth
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
This carrot cake was just okay. I chose this recipe because it was a smaller cake. Since it’s just the hubs and me, we really don’t need a big 9×13 cake laying around. Nothing really wrong with it but it just didn’t bowl me over. The hubs agreed so I’ll just keep searching for one that does.
This turkey lasagna turned out amazing. Unfortunately, I didn’t really go by a recipe. I just threw it together.
Acquired a new kitchen toy, my new cake keeper. It’s pretty handy and cute, to boot. The delicious treat inside is my second attempt at a Mexican Almond cake that I saw on Anita’s site (Hungry Couple). This is so embarrassing because this is the easiest cake recipe on the planet and I’ve had to make it a few times to get it right. This has a great food story so I will be blogging about this kitchen adventure.
Feel free to share what’s been going on in your kitchen.
By the way, thought this was interesting so you may want to check this out … Today in Food History!