I’m really enjoying this new Monday Muster feature and I hope you are, as well. Seems I always have so much to share but most of it just doesn’t merit its own blog post. Very quick and to the point … that’s what you get on Monday at Food Stories.
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Foodie Stuff – Red, White and Blue Chocolate Cake Dangle Earrings
- Foodie Stuff – Teabag Coffin
- Great Ideas – Use a straw when you’re traveling with necklaces to prevent tangle
- Food Tips/Tools – Apple reference – what kind is best for what
- Holiday/Event Food – Ghostly Orange Hot Chocolate
- Holiday/Event Food – Bake Brownies Right In The Cookie Cutters, Decorate And Give Away As Gifts, Sweet Christmas Gift Idea.
- Burger Cake – A Taste of …
- Pumpkin Spice Roll-Out Sugar Cookies – Life’s a Batch …
- Simple Pumpkin Muffins – Organized Island
- Pumpkin Biscuits – Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles – Recipe Girl
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake – Baked Perfection
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
Look at all these cool fall props I picked up at the local hobby store. Fall stuff is already on the clearance rack … Can you believe it?
Last week, I showed you my first attempt at madeleines & I mentioned that they were dense and like cornbread. I had used whole wheat pastry flour and a sugar substitute so I didn’t know if my swaps caused this or if it was just the recipe. Well, I repeated the recipe with real sugar and real all purpose flour and they turned out just as heavy. Not really what I’m looking for so it must be this recipe. If anyone has a great tried-and-true recipe for madeleines, I’d love to see it :-)
Brownies with Coconut and Macadamia Nuts – This recipe just made me angry. Macadamia nut day is coming up, this week, so I wanted to have a great recipe to blog about. Because I only had 1/2 cup of nuts left, I spent a great deal of time looking for a great recipe that would be foolproof. Macadamia nuts are not the cheapest so I really wanted something that I knew would work. This recipe was made as printed with no tweaks, whatsoever. They tasted so bad and the texture was so weird … Honestly, how the heck do you mess up brownies?
Last week, I showed you my misguided attempt at brownie cookies by Giada De Laurentiis. I didn’t have the ingredients in the house but I was so enamored with the cookies that I attempted to make them anyway. Well, this week I made them (Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Preserves) with the correct ingredients and these are amazing. It reminds me of the reason why I usually don’t bake with full carb, sugar ingredients … the hubs and I polished these off so fast, it was almost a record. These are dangerous to have around so I will be working on these to decrease the carbs as much as possible. Hubby has already asked for another batch :-)
Happy Monday & Happy Labor Day!
I would love to hear what’s been going on in your kitchen!