Happy National Pound Cake Day …
I really enjoy Monday”s and the Monday Muster feature. Seems I always have so much to share but most of it just doesn”t merit its own blog post. It’s kind of like turning to a friend and sharing your mishaps or thumbs up moments. Efficient, succinct and to the point. That’s what you usually get on Monday”s at Food Stories.
- Food Photo Contest – February Winner
- March Giveaway ~ St. Patrick’s Day Cookies!
- Black Bean Lasagna
- Orange Applesauce Date Nut Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Coffee Giveaway Winner
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Cat Coffee
- Holiday/Event Food – Gumbo Mardi Gras Cupcakes
- Holiday/Event Food – Candy Leprechaun Hats filled with Sweet Surprises for St. Patrick”s Day
- Holiday/Event Food – Easter Bunny Toppers
- Pretty Food – Cupcake Bouquet
- Roasted Garlic Infused Olive Oil – MJ”s Kitchen
- Vegan Ground Meat – No Recipes
- Corned Beets – Herbivoracious
- Palak Rice Recipe – Spinach Rice Recipe – Spice up the Curry
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I”m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
Being that it”s National Pound Cake Day & the hubs and I both love pound cake … I just casino had to make one.
Although, this recipe did not turn out the way I would have wanted, it tastes really good. The issues with this particular cake are probably my own fault, anyway. Because it”s only the hubs and me, I didn”t want to make the entire recipe so I halved it. Then, I didn”t quite bake it long enough (as you can see from the pic above). Also, I got busy with another task and forgot to turn it out from the pan after 15 minutes, as the recipe requested. When I did remove it from the pan, it crumbled a lot. In fact, the entire top came completely off.
No worries, though. All I had to do was cut off the offending top portion and all is well in pound cake land. Hubby had his with fresh strawberries and whipped cream while I had mine as is.
I would love to hear what”s been going on in your kitchen.