Happy Oatmeal Cookie Day …
I really enjoy Monday’s and the Monday Muster feature. Seems I always have so much to share but most of it just doesn’t merit its own blog post. It’s kind of like turning to a friend and sharing your mishaps or thumbs up moments. Short & Sweet … That’s what you usually get on Monday’s at Food Stories.
- Top 3 Food Photos – Contenders for March Food Photo Contest
- New Food Photos Posted – March Week 2
- Food Story: Caramels and Pop Rocks with a Chaser of Tab Soda
- Blarney Stone Cookies
- Food Story: Fran & The Comfort of Food
- Monday Muster & Coupons/Deals
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Bunny Burrito
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Sweet Honey Bread Bears
- Food Humor – Hot Dogs
- Food Humor – Pumpkin/Squirrel Nom nom nom nom
- Holiday/Event Food – Resurrection Rolls
- Holiday/Event Food – Bunny Butt Cake
- Pretty Food – Pink Lingerie Cookies
- Pretty Food – Lemon Daisy Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bake – Gabby’s Gluten-Free
- Cold Oven No Proof Yeast Wholegrain Spelt Bread – Angie’s Recipes
- Herbed Feta Quinoa Crackers – Strands of My Life
- A Basic Butter Cake with Irish Butter – Asian in America
- Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies – Simply Sweet Justice
Recently, I’ve begun couponing & have quickly become obsessed with saving money. Even though I’ve only been doing this for a few weeks, I’m starting to get pretty good at it so I thought I might start to feature a couple of deals every week that were really great. My savings may just inspire you to share any deals that you’ve taken advantage of or at least to research couponing for yourself.
My, my ~ The coupon binder is really growing :-)
This week, the hubs was able to take advantage of the free Macchiato offer that I got last week. All he had to do was ask the Starbucks barista for a coupon and he got a free macchiato ($3.55 value that runs through March 31st).
At Wal-Mart, I was able to save 75 cent off vanilla extract, 55 cents off butter, 35 cents of skim milk, 75 cents off soy milk & scored two free seasoning packets for fried rice that actually made me money. Granted, I usually don’t use seasoning packets for fried rice but free is free … In fact, the packets were 78 cents and I had two coupons for 80 cents off so they gave me the packets plus 4 cents came off my purchase of other items … YIPPEE <grin>
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
With today being Oatmeal Cookie Day, I couldn’t leave you guys hanging. Found this recipe at Better Homes & Gardens and they turned out great! I went by their recipe completely except for using low carb sugar substitutes and I used oat flour instead of all purpose flour. Oaty, Oatmeal Cookies :-)
What’s been going on in your kitchen?