It’s been awhile since I’ve done a proper Monday Muster so I’m happy to get back into a regular blogging schedule. Monday Muster’s are short, sweet and to the point. If you’ve never seen my Monday Muster feature, it’s just like a typical roundup post. In fact, every dictionary and thesaurus has a different word choice for muster but they all are in the same range as assemble, gather, collect, come together, round up, etc. Hence, my weekly roundup or muster.
- Top 3 Food Photos (Contenders for 2013 Annual Contest)
- New Food Photos Posted (June Week 4)
- Comfort Food: Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Overcoming Obesity and Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
- Effortless Pecan Sandies
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Nurse Cookies
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Cupcake Ice Cream Cone
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Pink Low Heel Jimmy Choo Shoe Cake
- Food Humor – What do you call a fake noodle?
- Holiday/Event Food – Patriotic Ruffled Bunting Cake
- Holiday/Event Food – Homemade Red, White & Blue Raspberry Candy Bars
- Holiday/Event Food – Bacon Flag Pizza
- Holiday/Event Food – Red, White & Blue Ombre Cake
- Pretty Food – Panna Cotta with Raspberry Macaron
- Pretty Food – Nectarine Orchata and Lemon Balm Broth
- Jalapeno & Cheddar Cauliflower Muffins – I Breathe… I’m Hungry…
- Paleo Pad Thai – Against All Grain
- Pinata Birthday Cake – Hotly Spiced
- Kiwifruit Banana Spelt Cake – Cook Republic
- Banana Bread Cookies – Sarcastic Cooking
A few months ago, I began couponing & have quickly become obsessed with saving money. Even though I’ve only been doing this for a short time, I’m starting to get pretty good at it so I thought I might feature a couple of deals every week that were really great. My savings may just inspire you to share any deals that you’ve taken advantage of or at least to research couponing for yourself.
My, my ~ The coupon binder is really growing :-)
This past week, my best deal was getting two free bags of salad mix at Fresh & Easy for FREE. There was a coupon for one free bag ($1.99 value) per person so the hubs and I both picked one up. We already needed to purchase items there anyway so we just split the groceries up into to transactions so we could both partake. Another great deal was found on Cheerios at Safeway. These were on sale for 1.88 per box (regular $3.29) and I had coupons for $1/2 making each box only $1.38 for a total savings of $2.41. Regarding HBA items, I got a fairly good deal on shampoo. Item regular price was 3.98 on sale for 2.98 and I had a mfg coupon for $1 off and a store voucher for $1 off which made the item only 98 cents (saving $3). Right now, I’m scouring all my online sources for great coupons/vouchers for this weeks shopping. I only wish that I lived in the UK because I found these great deals at Waitrose.
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
With today being Gingersnap Day, I couldn’t leave you guys hanging. Found this recipe at Food Network and they turned out great! I went by their recipe completely except for not using ginger or cloves. I know, I know … Gingersnaps without ginger? Doesn’t make any sense; however, since I recently moved I didn’t realize that I didn’t have any spices in the new place until the dough had already been started. Obviously, I had to keep going. Really, they turned out fabulous with a great texture and snap. I suppose I could call them molasses cookies but what fun would that be? I like gingersnaps (minus the ginger) :-)))
What’s been going on in your kitchen?