Monday Muster’s are short, sweet and to the point. If you’ve never seen my Monday Muster feature, it’s just like a typical roundup post. In fact, every dictionary and thesaurus has a different word choice for muster but they all are in the same range as assemble, gather, collect, come together, round up, etc. Hence, my weekly roundup or muster.
- June Winner (Food Photo Contest)
- Top 3 Food Photos & Art (Contenders for July Contest)
- New Food Photos & Art Posted (July Week 1)
- Dani and The Spaghetti Story
- Food Photo Contest Expands Into Food Art
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Chippendale Cookies
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Scrabble Cookies
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Despicable Me & Monster University Pretzel Snacks
- Artful Food – Starry Night Cake
- Artful Food – Japanse-Style Shoyu Tomago, Soft Boiled Soy Egg on Crispy Rice Cake
- Artful Food – Big Ice Cream, Oil on Panel
- Artful Food – Herb Art
- Food Humor – Grumpy Cat & Bacon
- Food Humor – Low Carb Ice Cream
- Food Humor – Waiting for Coffee
- Food Humor – Coffee: Making Mondays Possible
- Coconut Dream Cups – Fast Paleo
- Maple Strawberry Blondies – Sweet Twist of Blogging
- Heaven and Hell Cake – Whisk Kid
- Cottage Cheese Fried Rice – Follow Foodiee
- Shakshuka Eggs – Cook Republic
A few months ago, I began couponing & have quickly become obsessed with saving money. Even though I’ve only been doing this for a short time, I’m starting to get pretty good at it so I thought I might feature a couple of deals every week that were really great. My savings may just inspire you to share any deals that you’ve taken advantage of or at least to research couponing for yourself.
My, my ~ The coupon binder is really growing :-)
I got a great deal on toothpaste, this week. So good, in fact that I made money! You heard me right, I made money by buying toothpaste that I got for free. My local drug store had a sale on toothpaste for 2.99 each and they offered a $3 reward (basically, dollars you can use on your next visit). I had two coupons for 50 cents off so I bought the toothpaste for$2.49 each. So I spent $5 but I have $6 on my card for my next shopping trip. This is what couponing is all about, people!!!
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
I don’t know if you’ve every noticed, but I love baking cookies. This past weekend, I made oatmeal cookies and peanut butter cookies. Tomorrow is National Sugar Cookie Day so I am in the kitchen, today, making more cookies. The hubs has truly been enjoying his role as the official cookie tester.
I found this Basic Oatmeal Cookie recipe at the SF Baking Examiner and they turned out fabulous. I went by Kimberly’s recipe completely except for the scoop size. I used a 1 Tbsp scoop so the recipe made 51 cookies for me and I reduced the baking time to eleven minutes. My DH said they were fabulous until he tasted the peanut butter cookies. He then said those were better than the oatmeal. Then he tried the sugar cookies and said they were the best … Wait … I think I see a trend here :-)
What’s been going on in your kitchen?