Monday Muster’s are short, sweet and to the point. If you’ve never seen my Monday Muster feature, it’s just like a typical roundup post. In fact, every dictionary and thesaurus has a different word choice for muster but they all are in the same range as assemble, gather, collect, come together, round up, etc. Hence, my weekly roundup or muster.
- Top 3 Food Photos & Art (Contenders for July Contest)
- New Food Photos & Art Posted (July Week 3)
- Monday Muster & Blueberry Cobbler
All my pins can be followed at Pinterest.
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Operation Cookie
- Cute/Funny/Interesting Food – Egg Plant
- Artful Food – Hand Drawn Shopping List
- Artful Food – Still Life with Grapes
- Artful Food – The foods of Southern Italy & Sicily
- Artful Food – Watermelon Cake
- Food Humor – I see you looking at that French girl!
- Food Humor – Cookie is not amused
- Dill Pickle and Potato Soup – Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Yam Salad with Balsamic Dressing – Soni’s Food
- Stacked Summer Vegetable Salad – BHG
- Quinoa with Corn and Scallions – Just a Taste
- Spaghetti with Mascarpone Alfredo Sauce and Sugar Snap Peas – Kitchen Confidante
These are miscellaneous items that are not quite ready for their own blog post. These can be things I’m working on, kitchen mishaps, new acquisitions, funny things, etc. These may or may not be coming to a blog post soon :-)
I have a confession to make … I can’t make pancakes. Honestly, this has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my whole life because I love pancakes and I can’t seem to master the silly recipe, at home. Being a type 2 diabetic, I try to limit the amount of recipes with regular flour that I consume so I don’t have them that often. I also have a passion for enjoying the taste and look of my food which has always gotten in the way of pancakes at home. I either burn them or they’re not done. I can’t seem to get them light, fluffy and beautiful like they are when I have them on vacation. Yep, you guessed it. The only time I have pancakes is when I’m on vacation and they’re brought to my room by room service. It’s really the only time I enjoy them so that’s the only time I have them … Until now.
I tripped across this baked pancake recipe and hope flooded my mind. The thought of baking a pancake just never crossed my mind so I had to try it. I’ve made this recipe a few times and I feel like I have hope now. It’s hard to tell from the pictures but the silly thing keeps sticking to the pan and falls into pieces when I try to get it out. Truly, just an equipment issue, I’m sure. As soon as I get back into a regular kitchen with all my kitchen wares, this recipe should be a piece of cake.
What’s been going on in your kitchen?