Every January, when the new year rolls around, my mind turns to appetizers. You know, New Years parties, the super bowl, March madness … Just reeks of small bites and festive occasions so I start thinking of appetizer recipes.
For some reason, I had jalapeño poppers on my mind and decided to try my hand at these tasty bites. Plus, what a great use for all that bacon I’ve been baking, right?
I have to say how shocked I was at how easy these were to put together and how surprised I was that I’ve never made these before.
Honestly – washing, slicing & deseeding the peppers took the longest of any other step and it really didn’t even take that long, especially since the hubs helped.
Although, they tasted fabulous, I was pretty displeased about the peppers falling over because it ruined my pics; however, the hubs started saying jalapeño poppers down, jalapeño poppers down in that funny voice and then all was right with the world.
I know I took way too many pictures of these but just humor me because they were really good :-)
- 4-6 jalapeño peppers (3-4 inches in length)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 2-4 slices bacon, crispy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if baking your bacon - 375 degrees if just baking the poppers).
- Pull out ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Bake your bacon (or use bacon bits).
- Wash, halve and de-seed jalapeños.
- Mix cheeses and cilantro together with an electric mixer.
- Scoop cheese mixture into peppers.
- Place onto baking sheet.
- Top liberally with bacon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.