These cookies are crazy good and perfect on a low carb diet. Great for diabetics or anyone not wanting to overindulge in processed carbs. Honestly, I’ve been making these for months and only recently realized that I never put them on the blog. Today, that changes.
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg, large
- 6 Tbsp butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, extra dark chocolate or sugar free
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheets with butter or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (almond flour, cocoa, salt & baking soda).
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (egg, vanilla).
- Cream together butter & brown sugar substitute until fluffy, using a stand mixer or electric mixer.
- Add wet ingredients to creamy mixture, just until incorporated.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to creamy mixture, just until incorporated.
- Pour in chocolate/walnuts and mix by hand.
- Using a 24 sized disher/scoop (about 1/4 cup), drop onto baking sheets.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Honeyville Farms.