Do you believe that drinking is healthy, or not? Well, most people would tell you no. Do not believe them! Now, even the doctors are suggesting drinking, but in moderate amounts. But then isn’t it applicable for all kinds of food and liquid items?! Even a huge amount of salads or veggies every day, can lead to health complications! Don’t believe us? Read how valuables get lost in the process of getting the food from the producer to the plate at Post-harvest losses; or health effect of Pesticides on your seemingly healthy food! The same goes with drinking — you need to limit your drinking amount – and happily enjoy a relaxed evening with friends, family and colleagues, without worries of any health hazard.
When you relax, you already start benefiting your body; but what most people do not count on, are the benefits that the actual alcohol has for your body! There is not one, but many. Just remember to keep it limited and in control. If you learn to do that, you will start reaping the benefits instantly.
- What are the Health Benefits of Drinking Alcohol?
Who knew that alcohol could be good for you? Well, everybody only talks about detrimental effects of drinking alcohol. No one is willing to talk about the perks. But, we want you to know the perks, especially the health perks, but (of course!) you definitely need to drink in moderate amounts, or risk becoming an addict!
Here are the health benefits of drinking alcohol (that even Wiki endorses!) –
- Better Heart: Sounds crazy? Well, it might, but that is the truth. Drinks like beer and wine have phenols that are antioxidants. This substance protects the heart from heart diseases and reduces the chances of hypertension. So, your heart lives a healthy life!
- Great for Oral Health: You must have used mouthwash at some point of time to maintain your oral health. Alcohol does the same! The best drink to help eliminate bad breath is a shot of vodka. Do not gulp it down! Spit it out after use. You can use this as a quick-witted trick on your dates as well!
- Enhanced Brain Health: Do not think, however, that alcohol can turn you into a mini Einstein! But Ethanol is a substance present in most drinks, and it is known to help resist the wear and tear of neurons. This, in turn, reduces the chance of diseases like Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Live a Longer Life: Nobody wants to age! Well, moderate drinking can help with that. The antioxidants resveratol and photochemical in alcohol can work wonders for energy levels and reduce the signs of aging, which can help you lead a healthy and long life.
- Improved Levels of Good Cholesterol: Sounds unbelievable? Well, it isn’t! When you drink red wine, the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) increases significantly. HDL plays an active part in removing the bad cholesterol, LDL. Find the best wines and have a glass or two. How do you find them? Well, there are numerous sites like Hard to Find Wines that can help you find some delectable wines.
- Soothes a Sore Throat: A night of partying hard can leave a sore throat! What you can do is gargle with some whiskey and warm water. This is a solution that will help soothe your throat, so that you can continue to party.
- Fend off the Stomach Butterflies: Has it ever happened to you that after a drink or two, you have started to relax? Well, this is because of alcohol. It helps you relax and become much more confident. Alcohol can even give your true (interesting) nature wings, and may bring out your latent talent!
- Common Cold Inhibition: Once the first sneeze hits the scene, alcohol might not work, but drinking alcohol (in limited amounts) can definitely improve immunity and fight off the risks of catching a cold.
- Reduced risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Must look unbelievable to you! But, it is the truth! Moderate amount of alcohol consumption, with a healthy lifestyle, can reduce the risks of developing type 2 Diabetes.
Happy?! Well, you should be! After all, you now have logical reasons to drink, but do not take it too far, or you could turn the boons to banes! Party hard, but with limited quantities of alcohol. Enjoy life not by drinking excessively, but by enjoying the drink!